Here's what I'll miss most about CT:
~The mountain...DZHU-UH!! As cliché as it sounds, there is something healing and romantic about the beloved Table Mountain. It may not pay the bills, but its still one of the world's wonders.
~ Bargain shopping. I'm a lover of vintage and in my opinion, CT has the best stalls and shops out there. If you're looking for antiques or vintage clothing and accessories, you just need to stumble across a few places. My best stall is owned by a lady called Lulu on corner Church and Burg street. Lulu sources jackets, boots, skirts, dresses and shirt from all over. She's got amazing style herself, I'll try to get a pic of her before I go. Not far from her is sunglass and watch stall, and next to those guys, you will find these old ladies who sell AH-mazing accessories! *sigh*
~ Thursday nights, aka bad decision day. It happens almost every Thursday, one has had a long ass week and just needs one glass of wine to unwind. You get to that secret pub you and your friends love, talk about stuff, someone decides to get a round of tequila- who the hell are you to say no? Next thing THAT song (mine is Fun ft Janelle Monáe: we are young) plays on the JUKE BOX!! Hayke! Isukile! Everyone is in state of euphoria and no one ever talks about going home. No guessing how Fridays at the office turn out.
~The people. I will obviously miss my tight circle of friends. They have been my family and they will always be. I'll miss everyone I interact with on the daily; from the car guard that greets me with a wide smile on my way to work, to the laundry lady that insists I buy bigger clothes when I need her help to zip up a dress, to the random faces at gym that have become so familiar that I actually notice when they have been slacking.
~My hairstylist. Oh madoda my sweet Linda!! I've yet to tell her I'll be leaving. We girls tend to develop a friendship with someone who touches our hair, because well, if you don't, you will always be that unpleasant client who is never satisfied. Linda and I have had many disagreements about my hair, but I've always walked out so thankful and pleading with her to move in with me. She has a heart of gold and she is a mean machine when it comes to braiding hair.
...with all my heart
No comments:
Post a Comment